There was a fire this morning at the Canfor wood processing facility in Houston.
Houston fire Cheif Jim Daigneault says the fire was put out in less than two hours, and was likely stated by overheating in the electrical system.
“Something in the main electrical area overheated and caused a fire to start,” says Daigneault. “Sawdust… in the electrical wire tracks. We managed to get it put out and everything went well.” He says it was on the roof in the electrical precipitator.
Daigneault says there was mostly smoldering on the scene with a little bit of smoke and small flames.
The fire didn’t hault operations and there were no injuries.
Daigneault says the electricians will be working to see what exactly happened and the extent of the damage.