Listen Live

HomeNewsHouse fire prompts wood stove warning

House fire prompts wood stove warning

A recent fire in town has promoted the Smithers Department to remind residents about safety when using wood stoves.
Fire Chief Keith Stecko says cleaning out your chimney is so important.
“Given that time of year now with the fall, to people that have wood burning stoves, make sure they are clean to prevent chimney fires.”
Last week’s house fire on Third Avenue damaged the chimney and parts of the roof.
The homeowners had insurance.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More