Listen Live

HomeNewsWoman loses everything in Hazelton fire

Woman loses everything in Hazelton fire

A fire in Two Mile on the weekend has left a woman without a place to live.

Resident Edward Green says adult education teacher, Mary Anne Kloeckner lost everything including her home, barn, shop and car in the Sunday early morning fire.

“She has never been one to turn people away from her door and literally she is one of the people who will give you the shirt off her back.”

He says the fire started after the pair rebuilt an old chicken coop and wired the heat lamps to an old trailer.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

“I think the dog and the crackling is what woke her up and that’s how she got out.”

Green says he has started an online campaign to raise money to build Kloeckner a new house which can be found here.

He says a bank account has also been created in Kloeckner’s name at the Bulkley Valley Credit Union.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More