BC adds $10 million to fund for 2018 wildfire recovery
Bulkley-Nechako region hit hard by wildfires | Kyle Balzer, My Bulkley Lakes Now
More relief is coming to those impacted by the wildfires this past summer, especially those within the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako (RDBN).
Through an agreement with the Canadian Red Cross, the BC government has added $10 million in funding to the more than $3 million already accumulated from public and province-matched donations to support local communities affected by the blazes.
The funding is expected to be carried out to recovery for families and individuals displaced or affected by the second-worst season on record.
- Debris removal on private land & repair and reconstruction related to uninsured damages
- Refrigerator & freezer disposal and replacement
- Alternative heating source supplies
- Operational costs such as labour, travel expenses, & project equipment
- Health & wellness supports
The government will be distributing the funds on a case-by-case basis, but those most vulnerable will be given a higher priority.