522,264 people in BC have now had a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, which is around 11% of eligible people.
91.4% of eligible people 12 and older have received a first dose of a vaccine, and 88.3% have received a second.
The province is reporting 379 new cases of COVID-19 with 49 new cases in Northern Health, and 94 in Interior Health.
There are now 2,874 active cases in BC, 276 of those are in the North, and 580 are in the Interior.
Six new deaths are also being reported, one of which was in the North.
From November 30th to December 6th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59% of cases. From November 23rd to December 6th, they accounted for 67.5% of hospitalizations.
The new/active cases include:
* 104 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 924
* 64 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 497
* 94 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 580
* 49 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 276
* 65 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 595
* three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: two
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,369.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: three
Past week cases (Nov. 30 to Dec. 6) – Total 2,429
* Not vaccinated: 1,344 (55.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 90 (3.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 995 (41.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 23 to Dec. 6) – Total 197
* Not vaccinated: 127 (64.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 6 (3.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 64 (32.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 30 to Dec. 6)
* Not vaccinated: 170.5
* Partially vaccinated: 42.7
* Fully vaccinated: 22.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 23 to Dec. 6)
* Not vaccinated: 27.6
* Partially vaccinated: 4.3
* Fully vaccinated: 1.4