Drivers on Highways 16, 97, and 29 can expect overnight delays until Monday.
According to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, large commercial vehicles will transport oversized cargo that requires a full closure on some sections of the highway.
The closures are scheduled for times of low traffic volumes to reduce the impact on travellers.
The province says drivers can expect intermittent closures and related traffic disruptions on the following routes:
- Highway 16 from Prince Rupert to Terrace on Thursday, Dec. 9th from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Highway 16 from Terrace to Topley on Friday, Dec. 10th, from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Highway 16 from Topley to Prince George on Saturday, Dec. 11th, from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am
- Highway 16 from Prince George to Highway 97 at Bear Lake, Sunday, Dec. 12th, from midnight to 5:00 am
- Highway 97 from Bear Lake to Highway 29 just north of Chetwynd at Jackfish Lake Road, Monday, Dec. 13th, from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.
The province noted that the above schedule is dependent on a number of factors, including weather and road conditions, and drivers should check DriveBC for the most up-to-date information.