The province is reporting 437 new cases of COVID-19 in BC today, (Friday) bringing the active total to 2,994 province-wide.
22 cases were reported in the North, bringing the region’s active total to 243. In the Interior, there were 93 new cases, and there are now 575 active cases there.
Three new deaths have been reported in the province as well, one each in Fraser, Vancouver Coastal, and Island Health.
91.4% of eligible people 12 and older have received a first dose of a vaccine, 88.4% have received a second, and 12% have now received their third.
The new/active cases include:
- 105 new cases in Fraser Health
Total active cases: 871
- 90 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
Total active cases: 589
- 93 new cases in Interior Health
Total active cases: 575
- 22 new cases in Northern Health
Total active cases: 243
- 127 new cases in Island Health
Total active cases: 664
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
Total active cases: two