The province is reporting 753 new cases of COVID-19, the highest total since October 28th.
Today’s (Thursday) new cases brings the active total in the province to 3,878. Of the active cases, 184 individuals are in hospital, and 70 are in intensive care.
45 of the new cases were in Northern Health, with 238 active cases in the region.
A total of 135 cases of the Omicron variant have now been identified in BC, including one in the North.
As of Thursday, December 16th, 91.6% of eligible people 12 and older have received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, 88.7% have received a second, and 14% have received a third.
Three new deaths have been reported in the past 24 hours as well.
Between December 8th to 14th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 46.3% of cases, and between December 1st and 14th, they accounted for 70.2% of hospitalizations.
The new/active cases include:
- 232 new cases in Fraser Health
Total active cases: 1,091
- 240 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
Total active cases: 999
- 99 new cases in Interior Health
Total active cases: 644
- 45 new cases in Northern Health
Total active cases: 238
- 137 new cases in Island Health
Total active cases: 905
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
Total active cases: one
In the past 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,396.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: one
- Vancouver Coastal Health: one
- Island Health: one
There have been 135 cases of the Omicron variant of concern identified in B.C.:
- Fraser Health: 38
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 20
- Interior Health: five
- Northern Health: one
- Island Health: 71
Past week cases (Dec. 8-14) – Total 2,980
- Not vaccinated: 1,316 (44.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 64 (2.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,600 (53.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 1-14) – Total 151
- Not vaccinated: 100 (66.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: six (4.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 45 (29.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 8-14)
- Not vaccinated: 176.5
- Partially vaccinated: 32.8
- Fully vaccinated: 35.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 1-14)
- Not vaccinated: 22.6
- Partially vaccinated: 4.9
- Fully vaccinated: 1.0