An evacuation alert has been issued by the Regional District of Bulkley- Nechako and BC Parks for the areas surrounding the Morice River Wildfire.
The alert area starts at the Lamprey Creek Recreation Site on the Morice River and follows the Morice River Forest Service Road South.
It also covers Lamprey Forest Service Road South and from there includes everything West and South of the Chisholm Forest Service Road until North of the Lamprey Creek Recreation Site.
According to the RDBN, the alert was issued because of the potential danger to life and health.
Residents in the area are being advised to prepare to evacuate the premises or property if deemed necessary.
Residents are being advised to do the following:
- Locate all family members or coworkers and plan to meet outside the evacuation area
- Gather essential items like medications, valuable papers and immediate care needs
- Prepare to move any persons with mobility challenges and/or children
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area
- Arranging transport for your household members or coworkers
- Arrange accommodation for your family if possible
The RDBN also said in the event of an Evacuation Order, a Reception Centre will be opened if required.
The Morice River Fire is being measured at 5 hectares with the cause believed to be lightning.