Houston cyclists will be participating in the Cops for Cancer Tour De North which is slated to begin tomorrow (Wednesday).
They will be starting in Dawson Creek and biking all the way to Williams Lake.
The schedule has been released for the route that will take place until September 20:
- September 14-: Dawson Creek to Fort St. John
- September 15: Fort St. John -Hudson Hope to Chetwynd
- September 16: Chetwynd to Powder King
- September 17: Powder King to Mackenzie
- September 18: Mackenzie- Bear Lake to Prince George
- September 19: Prince George- Hixon to Quesnel
- September 20: Quesnel- McLeese Lake to Williams Lake
The cyclists from Houston are among the top fundraisers for the ride as they have raised over $23,000 surpassing their $20,000 goal.
All of the proceeds that are donated will be going towards pediatric cancer research and support services.
As of Tuesday afternoon (September 13), a total of $107,536 has been raised.
More information can be found on the Tour De North website.