Listen Live

- Advertisement -
HomeNewsGas fireplace suspected to be cause of house fire this morning on...

Gas fireplace suspected to be cause of house fire this morning on Bulkley Dr., Smithers

A house fire this morning(TUES) on Bulkley Dr., Smithers is suspected to be caused by a gas fireplace, according to Smithers Fire Chief Keith Stecko.

“There’s a gas fireplace that was turned on turned off, and it’s looking like that might have been the source of the fire,” explains Stecko. He says an investigation will continue to confirm that.

A crew of 27 firefighters put out the blaze after receiving a 911 call at 9:30 this morning.

There was no one home at the time of the fire, and the two pets were safely evacuated.

“We attacked the fire in the roof line…we were able to control the fire and put it out,” says Stecko.

On scene it appeared most of the roof of the house was destroyed.

Continue Reading

More